photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 December 2016

Challenge Yourself Holiday Layout

Being Together Is The Best Gift of All – a layout for Challenge Yourself

20161025_131353_001

Start: December’s challenge at Challenge YOUrself is to scrap a holiday page.

Style: At my recent crop, I was working on many Christmas layouts from past years.  Each year I usually manage to scrap our extended family photo taken at my sister’s on Christmas Day and maybe the photo we used on our Christmas card but not much else. So I was working (still am) on quite a backlog.

The starting point for this layout is that large journaling card which also serves as my title.  It is from a Deja Views pad that I picked up at the dollar store during a break at the crop.  It ties into the smaller center photo of my kiddos with their presents and it also set the up the theme of using gifts as the embellishments.
Stash: Patterned paper – Pebbles Home For Christmas Oh Christmas Tree reverse
Journal card – Deja Views
Die-cuts – American Crafts Be Merry Bits
Lace doilies – Crop and Create kit
Washi tape and gems – Queen & Co.
Label – Teresa Collins

You just never know what one scrappy item can get you started on a project, do you?  What was the last just acquired item that sent you directly to the scrapbook desk?

What else is going on around here?

Saturday - we decided the carpets could use a little touch-up before we started decorating for Christmas.  It had been in the back of my mind to call the professionals for weeks, but I never pulled the trigger on that.  Luckily hubby was game to rent a machine from the local IGA and give it a go.  It went well, and provided me the opportunity to pull lots of stuff out of normal locations and dust behind them instead of just around them.  My studio was one of those places and I have yet to put it back together.


On Sunday, we were able decorate the Christmas tree.  I turned on the TV and caught sight of Marcia from the Brady Bunch in a Hallmark movie.  It turns out she had a very small role at the beginning, and I might have turned it off, if Luke McFarlane had not been in it.  It was called Christmas Land, and yes was every bit as hokey as that sounds.  Yet, undeniably, perfect for unboxing all our Hallmark ornaments.


And then on Monday - those Black Friday and Cyber Monday online purchases started to arrive.  Yep, this is just one's day delivery from the UPS man.  Well, lookie there, how did those craft supplies get  there? Somebody better get those stashed away in the studio - they will come in handy for the cold dreary days of January.



I have been sharing other pictures on Instagram using a Creative Scrapbooker's Magazine list of photo prompts.  If I keep up, it might make a nice version of a December Days album.  We shall see.

15 comments:

  1. I like your layout, very crisp & easy to find photos/journaling. Oh I do like your Christmas sweater. Having just cleaned a number of our carpeted areas, I know that feeling of "ah all done, in front behind under". Good that you are preparing for the January winter miserable days (col). I have been seeing some really nice CTMH layouts on Pinterest. Means I have to find myself a CTMH person ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeeeee your lo! LOVING the colors and the photos!!! And I get caught up in those movies too .. so cheesy, but I can't seem to look away! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! We spent the morning here cleaning carpets before the decorations came down from the loft.

    What do I take straight to my scrap desk? Most often a piece of patterned paper with a motif I can cut round

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the boxes look fun! I did a little post-Thanksgiving shopping too - couldn't resist some of the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful LO! I love the papers and great photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you've really told a story with this layout. And have fun with those goodies! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love visiting your blog and reading every little detail! I especially love that you watched the Hallmark movie while un-boxing your ornaments!!!! Susanne, your page is absolutely wonderful. I just love every detail. Thank you for being such an amazing part of Challenge YOUrself's design team. I am really going to miss you!!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun and pretty page. It really tells your story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your use of the doilies as a base for your Christmas die cuts. I also want to see what's in those crafty boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog. I really need to get back into scrapbooking....thanks for the inspiration--lovely pages here. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  11. have a wonderful Christmas~Love your page. Just gorgeous!!!! We love Hallmark too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page. I like you used those journal cards. I sometimes have issues getting them to fit in on a page. Glad the carpet cleaning went well. That quite a stack of scrappy goodness that arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, only the obvious 2 were scrappy goodness, the others are presents for the non-scrapbookers in this house!!

      Delete
  13. I purchased a couple of sheets of 12x12 Christmas papers that cut apart into 3x4 cards & used them right away to finish my Christmas cards!

    We're getting a batch of boxes each day here, too! But I've refrained from any scrappy purchases! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh look at those fun crafty boxes :) I'd be stashing them away too!

    ReplyDelete